Monday, April 22, 2019

Spring is here!

Spring is here! What does a new rain garden look like after the snow has melted?  I took this picture two weeks ago. The soil had settled much lower than the plants. All it took was a bit of stomping in my rain boots to bring the plants down at the level of the rest of the soil.


Right after the last snow has melted (2 weeks ago). The soil is much lower around the plants.


I took this picture today after a few days of sunshine. We can see that the irises are the first ones to sprout. I hope that my other perennials will all come back (the other perennials in my yard like hostas and hydrangeas have not sprouted yet so I'm not worried). Next year I will thanking myself for having documented what comes out in which order.  

Irises are the first ones to sprout
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer pictures of the rain garden during its second season

It's a snowy day in January and we' re finally taking the time to update the blog with pictures from the summer. We had started this...